Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

More bad weather?

Okay for most of us enough is enough!!Here at the ranch we had a good 20 inches with some 30 inch drifts coming across the open fields. Drifting is a problem because of the wide open spaces around the ranch, and it was not till yesterday I was even able to make it to the road. So after shoveling and brushing I was able to get out yesterday for a few min. But I will tell ya that three days in the cabin has given me a new perspective on getting out amongst em! What is a man to do? I read the "Last of the Mohicans"  painted a couple of paintings, cooked and generally just got on my wife's nerves. And shoveled out the cars. No government subsidies needed here, no spending just neighbors being neighbors. My neighbor came down and managed to help pack the drive with his tractor, and push some snow around with the blade. And by keeping at it in small pieces I got the cars dug out. Today the  went wife to work as she works on major highways, but the back roads are a mess some not even seeing any kind of plow, with the only access to major highways being cleared by locals with a tractor or front end loader.
So what is in store for us next? Another couple of inches of the white stuff with some freezing rain mixed in for good measure is in the forecast. Oh well I guess I will just have to stock up on more TP, get another loaf of bread and a gallon of milk, just ride it out. But I have a dream that one day little boys and girls, mommies and daddies  will stand next to each other and catch fat fish in the sun. Or so the story should go.

No comments:

Post a Comment