Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Turkey hunt

That rascle John Winn scored a nice turkey this season. He had gobblers all over him and his dad Danny Winn one the second Saturday. John loves to hunt and his Dad is a willing participant slaying many deer and fish, along with geese and turkey! In fact these guys slay more geese than anyone I know of, and are not shy to harvest a duck or two. John is an apprentice working on Nuclear powered aircraft carriers and is a leader in his class. Of course he also took second in the nation in the SKILLS welding competition last year. I am very proud of him  as you can see. So far I am without birds and am scratching my head as to why, They were just everywhere this winter on my property. I am seeing one fox on the regular, but I don't think he is hitting them that hard, maybe the Eagles are doing them in. I have, seen more deer than I have in a long time, and the old doe and monster buck made it through the winter. This will be the last year for them I am sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment